We are the Portland, Oregon chapter of Romance Writers of America. Our mission is to educate, support, and mentor published and unpublished members in the profession of romance writing. We welcome anyone who is pursuing their dream of writing romance. If you are new to the area or want to learn more about our chapter, feel free to come for a visit. Check out the membership information or send an email to our Secretary at email@example.com.
MEETING LOCATION: PCC – Sylvania Campus
(See meeting information below for room number)
9am Social hour in the TCB lobby
10am-10:30am. General meeting begins in TCB 218
10:30-12:00. Workshop (Room TCB 218)
August 19, 2017
PAN ONLY EVENT
A Strategic Plan for Self-Publishing Success in an Ever-Changing Market
Kristen Painter, USA Today Bestselling Author of the Nocturne Falls Series
Roxanne St. Claire, New York Times Bestselling Author of the Barefoot Bay Series
Attendees should come away with a fully formed plan to launch themselves into self-publishing and a better understanding of what it takes to make a living wage as an independent author.
From series concept development through the first six-figure year, the workshop will delve into the specifics of every major aspect of the strategic plan. The authors will share tips, techniques, and proven tactics to teach attendees how to:
- Create a series concept that meets the market but still stands out
- Develop a one year production calendar
- Set a realistic budget
- Meet all deadlines with multiple third parties (artists, editors, proofreaders) involved
- Implement effective and affordable marketing techniques
- Add “passive” income through ancillary programs such as shared worlds, foreign rights, spin-off series, and audio books.
- Review the greatest challenges and impediments to success, suggest solutions
In addition, the authors will candidly answer questions regarding their successful self-publishing careers and the strategies that have worked for them.