- Marketing doesn’t have to be expensive – use low cost and no-cost methods
- Marketing isn’t a time suck if you focus – spend 10% of your writing time on marketing
- Marketing is the bridge between media & money
- Platform means nothing if you don’t reach out from it
- Readers do not identify with author angst
- YA readers do not care about menopausal meanderings
PERSONA – what your interests are and how you are engaging your readers.
WEBSITE – youre reception area & your shopping cart for readers
What do you write?
Who is your audience?
What is their natural habitat?
What images come to mind
Think about who you want to be…
How do you want to be perceived by your audience?
DO NOT AIR YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY.
Pull Marketing – pull people towards your books and events. (visiting blogs, blogging)
Push Marketing – focus on connections with readers & their desire to be entertained and informed about your book, or topics in your books (website, social networking)
Aside from Sarah – if anyone wants their left book pierced, go to Keepsake Tatoo in Astoria and ask for her son