Golden Rose Contest
The purpose of the Rose City Romance Writers Golden Rose Contest is to encourage, recognize, and reward the mastery of writing romantic fiction. For the purposes of this contest a work of fiction is defined as a novel that is made commercially available to the public.
Sign up for the Rose City Romance Writers Golden Rose Contest and you’ll receive three detailed score sheets describing parts of your story that might need a little polish. We think you’ll appreciate that our feedback is specific, with our judges striving to give positive, helpful comments and suggestions.
- March 15, 2019 – Contest opens.
- April 30, 2019 – Contest closes (at midnight).
- June 25, 2019 – Finalists notified. Finalists have one week to make any edits to their entries and return them with a 500 word synopsis.
- July 2, 2019 – Finalist entries (with synopsis) must be returned to the contest coordinator. Once finalists have been notified, other entrants will have their scored entries returned.
- August 31, 2019 – Winners will be notified!
The Golden Rose is a contest sponsored by Rose City Romance Writers and is open to all non-contracted RWA (Romance Writers of America) authors of romantic fiction unpublished in book-length (50,000 words or more) in the last three years and any member of RWA who is not eligible to join RWA-PAN. Please see the RWA website regarding PAN eligibility rules.
It offers the opportunity to obtain high quality feedback and, for finalists, the chance to get your work in front of a publishing industry editor. It is one of the few contests allowing a higher word submission count which provides our entrants with the greatest opportunity for feedback. In addition, many of our finalists receive requests from the final judges and many of those have gone on to be published.
If this is your first time entering the Golden Rose, please visit the page “How To Enter” via the left navigation. If you’ve entered before and want to skip directly to the entry form, please click this link: 2019 Golden Rose Contest Entry Form.
Questions? Please contact the Contest Coordinator, Shree Aier.