RCRW 2015 Spring Writers’ Retreat
featuring Jodi Henley
April 11, 2015
9:00am – 4:00pm
(morning and afternoon snacks and lunch provided)
McMenamin’s Grand Lodge
3505 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, Oregon
Retreat Registration: $60
(scroll down for registration details)
presented by Jodi Henley
author of Practical Emotional Structure: an easy to understand plain-English guide to emotional theory and the transformational character arc
Join Jodi for a three-hour workshop as she shows in a practical, usable way, how to connect with your reader and elicit emotions.
- How to increase the emotional tension in your story with minor fixes to your character’s backstory.
- How the transformational arc works to increase conflict and drive emotional tension to a screaming pitch.
- How to make to two characters who have absolutely no chemistry work together like a match and accelerant, with only minor changes to characters and planned story line.
- How to extend emotional structure into a continuing story arc.
- How to make readers cry, laugh, sigh, and buy the next book!
Jodi promises “… a surfeit of PowerPoints, lots of handouts, and way too much personal attention during the workshop and over the entire retreat.”
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Jodi Henley is a developmental editor based in the Greater Seattle area. A long-time workshop presenter and blogger, Jodi is highly sought after for her plain-English approach to problem solving, ability to translate theory into usable bites, and intensive, one-on-one feedback style. Jodi specializes in character-driven genre fiction, and continuing arcs. She enjoys talking about craft and considers herself lucky to have a receptive audience. Find out more about Jodi at http://jodihenley.blogspot.com.
The workshop has ended and it was super awesome. Thank you to Jodi Henley and the other presenters for their fabulous presentations!